A wife, mother and teacher who's always up for learning something new and meeting new friends.

Wednesday 9 November 2011

Autumn

Autumn, a really beautiful time of the year and my favourite.  After the heat of the summer and the long holidays, I really like going back to work, accompanied by the slight chill in the air every morning.
 The light and the colours that surround us are lovely, especially this year as we had our 'Indian Summer' at the beginning of October.


These lovely creations are the work of my students in their forest skills lessons.  We are fortunate that our school is on the edge of some lovely countryside and surrounded by trees and fields.  The students threaded lots of leaves on to string and then hung them outside my classroom.  I'm intrigued to see how they will change with both time and temperature.

This weekend me and 'the accountant' had to get up early to 'see a man about a room'.  I managed to take some great pictures of the sun coming up.

This was taken from our bedroom window.
A slightly blurry sunrise, taken by my iPhone, in a moving car!
Through the car window whilst travelling at speed.

I've also managed to take some pictures whilst out and about.

A double rainbow on my way home from work.
The road home from my mums.
A tree... well what else could I caption this picture with?
The canal at Uppermill
The weather is still quite mild at the moment and I'm trying to make the most of it as we have been forecast another bad winter.  I've been taking lots of walks rather than going to the gym.  As my brother-in-law says 'being outdoors is the green gym'.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. I would love to hear from you and I will reply ASAP! xxx