A wife, mother and teacher who's always up for learning something new and meeting new friends.

Thursday 2 June 2011

Friendship



 After a particularly bad week. I went out for lunch and some shopping today with a friend. Someone who has become a confidante, a 'big brother' and a very good friend.  
 Someone who knows my darkest thoughts and secrets but never judges me and is always full of sound and thoughtful advice.  I hope, that if they ever need me, I will be there for them, always.
 This collection of classic quotes on friendship is dedicated to you, my friend, you know who you are. Thank you. x


"Without friends no one would choose to live, though he had all other goods."
- Artistotle



"One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives."
- Euripides



"Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant."
- Socrates



"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light."
- Helen Keller



"A friend is one who walks in when others walk out"
-Walter Winchell



" A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that the gentlest of hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away."
- Arabian Proverb



Do you have any thoughtful or memorable quotes about friendship?  If so, post them below. x

2 comments:

  1. You found some great quotes there - I love Socrates advice best. You are lucky to have such a special friend. Thanks for Rewinding x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love meeting new people but there's nothing like a proper old friend. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. I would love to hear from you and I will reply ASAP! xxx